Another Basic Newbie Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini OS X 10.6.4, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD
I have had my Mac about 5 days now.

Since I have never used Safari before is there a way to recover open tabs quickly at the next session, if you have actually shut the computer down?

Also, I don't seem to be able to open all of the tabs in Firefox from a previous session as easily as I could on a pc.

User error?

Thanks,
J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I haven't used FF so I can't comment on that.
If you open Safari and go to History at the top, you can view all websites that you've visited in the last week. Also if you open Top Sites (that little icon in Safari's tool bar that looks like 12 little black boxes) you can view History in cover flow view.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Or you can install a plugin that will let you be able to save all the open tabs and restore them when you run Safari again.

This plugin is found here: SaveTabs Safari Extension

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Yes you can

I have had my Mac about 5 days now.

Since I have never used Safari before is there a way to recover open tabs quickly at the next session, if you have actually shut the computer down?

Also, I don't seem to be able to open all of the tabs in Firefox from a previous session as easily as I could on a pc.

User error?

Thanks,
J

You can recover your open tabs in Safari easily.
Just go the Safari Menu Bar and choose History, Reopen All Windows from last Session

DavidH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Just a friendly tip here.
If you give your thread/post a title that summarizes your question (like a "headline") you'll draw more people in who have an interest or expertise in that area, and thus your question may receive a better answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
toMACsh, I was thinking the exact same thing but I didn't bother to post that. Repped.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini OS X 10.6.4, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD
Thanks for the help everyone.

You can recover your open tabs in Safari easily.
Just go the Safari Menu Bar and choose History, Reopen All Windows from last Session

DavidH

This makes complete sense. Thanks for the tip :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.