Best Protection for Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a new MBP. I have also purchased a incase nylon laptop bag for it.

However, I am very anal about my MBP getting scratched and as it already came with a scuff mark on the bottom (even though it was brand new from my apple store), I want to prevent it from getting any more.

It appears that the aluminium MBP scratches easily so I want to know what people use to protect theirs?

I mainly need to protect it from scratches when I am using it at Uni and on worktops so I was looking into buying a Speck Seethru hard case but have heard that this can create scratches rather than preventing them??

What is the best scratch protection for MBPs?

Thanks.

OP
N
Reaction score
Cheers. I read somewhere that the hard clip on cases can cause scratches if dust or something gets underneath it?? Have you heard this also?

Thanks for the reply.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I have heard about people noticing scuffs/scratches on their notebooks when using these hard cases. I don't think there is really a case that will stay on your MBP to protect it and allow you to use it at the same time. I have an InCase sleeve for mine, but of course that won't allow you to use it while it's inside this case. My MBP isn't on the move too much so I don't have an issue with worrying about scratches, but when I do travel with it, I just make sure to take care of it. I check the table or whatever I'm putting it on before I place it down that the surface is clean and clear of anything that could bump into my MBP. I also have a keyboard protector from Moshi and the palm rest and trackpad "stickie" covers from Moshi. Just a few weeks ago, I started using my MBP on a metal laptop stand that angles it for me. Even with it sitting on the metal stand (I just checked underneath), there are no scratches. I think the best you can do is just really make sure you watch out and care for it. I've had mine for over a year and it's still literally flawless.

OP
N
Reaction score
Ye I see what you mean, I just need to stop worrying about it getting scratched, it's probably going to happen one day.

Thanks for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.