Need help with video editing

Reaction score
Well i just switched to mac about a week ago and loving it, but being a college student i have a lot of free time and i do a bunch of personal side projects.

such as i need to make a slideshow/video using pictures and text with edited music. Kinda like what you see on youtube when you watch a music video with lyrics. i want to be able to have the text scroll across the screen with the music as well as changing pictures.

on my windows i simply used pinnacle or a form of roxio and it worked out great, typed the text set the speed, set what part of audio and where and when to start and stop and ect. but on mac i cant do ether with imovie or iphoto, imovie is ideal except the problem with audio and text. Im a broke college student who is looking for a cheap software or answers/tips
anything will be greatly appreciated thank you

C

chas_m

There's nothing cheap that will do the job for you. My best suggestion is the $299 Final Cut Express.

Reaction score
iMovie can do some scrolling across, or credits style or star wars, etc. Just hit edit, place the style in the clip where you'd like it, and type in or cut n paste the text. Good enough?

OP
L
Reaction score
yea that works, thank you!! i guess ill just try imovie a couple more times cuz there is no way i can dish out $299 :Angry::Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.