What should I sell my iBook g4 for?

Reaction score
I have an iBook g4, the mid-2005 model and am wondering who and what to sell it to/for? It is in working with install disks, power cables etc. The only problem with it is that the airport card in it does not work but i have a wireless usb wifi connector that i would be more then happy to sell it with for no extra price (bought it for $50). This airport problem is common with this generation of iBook as i have read but have never decided to get a new one, the wifi usb stick works brilliantly! I am a resonably young student and got a new laptop from the government this year so I have basically no need for the iBook now. I love my mac but sadly i can't have everything.

So, if anyone knows someone i can sell it to, or how much to sell it for, i would be very happy, maybe even if anyone knows a shop around me that buys second-hand laptops?

I live in Perth, Western Australia

By the way it has a 40gb HD and 1.3? ghz processor and 1gb ram.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Tim Arnott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
They still sell for around £150 on Ebay here, so given the package you have, I 'd say the Aussie equivalent of that should be manageable.

C

chas_m

£150?! That's insane.

You couldn't give one away round these parts. Maybe $100US, max.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
£150?! That's insane.

You couldn't give one away round these parts. Maybe $100US, max.

I agree, but 'tis true. My cousin had one that he needed to have the logic board solder fix repair done, sold it after for £160.
I think they are popular with teenagers/students here.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And if you don't need the cash from it, you could take a look around for someone with a kid that has no computer and whose parents can't afford one. I've always found this to be an extremely satisfactory way to handle my old computers. It's especially enjoyable if you take an hour or two to sit down with them and teach them enough to get started.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice idea Bob.
After what Chas said, I double checked, and sure enough, there is a G4, with a slightly higher spec, currently bid up to £150 with 9 hours to go.

pod

Reaction score
I own a mid 2005 12" G4 iBook: great little machine. Has been reliable and problem free over the last five years. Is still used every day, predominantly for surfing/emailng now but it has CS2 Creative Suite and QuarkXpress 7 installed on it and although a little slow with larger/more complex files, it handles the majority of what is asked of it perfectly. One of my better Apple purchases over the years and personally I think worth £150...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
I have sold iBook G4 models as recently as 6 months ago. here in the US on craigslist for around 250$$ and up, with the same spec's as yours but the AirPort cards were working and the Hard Drives were a bit bigger.

Just a quick check here and there are a few of them that have been posted in that price range.. and some folks (ID 10 T's!) asking upwards of 400$ (they should not get that) but the price others here have stated here seems right...

Or as bobtomay suggests ... find a student in need

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.