My contract is up, new SIM card doesn't work!

Reaction score
My contract is up so I signed with a new network. When putting the SIM card in, I get the "No service" message.
When connecting the phone to ITunes, I get the "The SIM card on this phone does not appear to be supported" message.
I checked with both the old and the new network and they confirmed the service should be working well.
They mentioned I'm supposed to connect to ITunes and do something, but they didn't know.
Help!

C

chas_m

Your iPhone needs to be reactivated. Just plug it in and sync it, this will probably happen automatically.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks, but that didn't work. It won't let me do a sync, it says the SIM is not valid, even though the phone company confirmed that it works...
Should I restore?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Well wait... You said that your contract is up, fine. But you didn't say whether or not you asked ATT for the unlock code so that you could use another SIM card. Did you ?

Doug

OP
L
Reaction score
My contract was not with AT&T, I live in Norway but indeed, just called the old carrier...didn't know I needed them to unlock the phone with a code ;)
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My contract was not with AT&T, I live in Norway

That would have been usefull information to put in your initial post or maybe in you profile so we can all see it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.