Adding a second address to the email icon in the dock?

Reaction score
I now have two email addresses I need to check frequently each day and was wondering if there's a way to add my second email address as well to the little stamp symbol in my dock?

(MacBook Pro 2.66GHz 13" with the newest Snow Leopard, btw).

C

chas_m

I'm not sure I understand what you're wanting to do.

Mail (that's the name of the default email program on the Mac) can of course support multiple email accounts -- you just add accounts in the preferences.

Did you perhaps mean a visual way to indicated unread mail from the second account instead of an overall unread "badge" on Mail's icon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MBP 2.66 GHz i7 8GB RAM
As chas_m said, not quite sure what you're asking. However, I have added 5 different accounts to mail and, whenever I receive mail in any of them, the Mail icon in the Dock updates to reflect the new mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch 2020 iMac; 3.8GHz 8-core Intel Core i7 processor; 32GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5500 XT; 2 TB SSD
Did you perhaps mean a visual way to indicated unread mail from the second account instead of an overall unread "badge" on Mail's icon?

I believe that Dockstar can do this.

Mark

OP
G
Reaction score
I meant what Chas_m meant. How can I add an additional account to the icon? I can't find anything in Preferences that can do it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
@gizmo8899,

Once you launch Mail.app (the stamp icon in your Dock), File->Add Account. Add the email address and Mail.app will try to figure out the rest if it can, if not, fill in the pertinent details and repeat the process for as many mail accounts as you want.

When you are done, the single Mail.app will now allow you to check/read/respond to all of your mail accounts. I believe you have to set one of the accounts as the default account for replying/creating emails, so you just have to be sure to CHECK which account you are replying/creating emails from before sending it out..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MBP 2.66 GHz i7 8GB RAM
I believe you have to set one of the accounts as the default account for replying/creating emails, so you just have to be sure to CHECK which account you are replying/creating emails from before sending it out..

In the account set up, you can set each account to only send emails from that account's server.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.