• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

PC Mag HomeReviewsService and ReliabilityReaders' Choice Awards 2010 Readers' Choice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
PC Mag HomeReviewsService and ReliabilityReaders' Choice Awards 2010 Readers' Choice

Readers' Choice Awards 2010 | PCMag.com

In short:

Notebook computers Readers choice Awards to:
Apple and Asus

Desktop computers Readers choice Awards to:
Apple
Honourable Mention to Systemax Inc.

Printers Readers choice Awards to:
Brother International Corp, Canon U.S.A. Inc
Honourable Mention to Samsung Electronics America

Cellular Service Providers: Contract Providers Readers choice Awards to:
U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless

Cellular Service Providers: Prepaid Providers Readers choice Awards to:
TracFone Wireless

Mobile (Cell in the US) Phones:
Readers' Choice for AT&T: Apple Inc.
Readers' Choice for Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless: HTC Corp.
Readers' Choice for Verizon Wireless: Motorola Inc.
Readers' Choice for Sprint: LG Electronics

Digital Cameras Readers choice Awards to:
Canon U.S.A. Inc., Panasonic Corp. of North America
Honourable Mention: Nikon Inc.

Video Game Consoles Readers choice Awards to:
Sony PlayStation 3
Honourable Mention: Nintendo Wii

HDTVs Readers choice Awards to:
Samsung Electronics America, Sony Electronics Inc.
Honourable Mention to:
Panasonic Corp. of North America, Vizio Inc

Portable Media Players Readers choice Awards to:
Apple Inc.
Honourable mention:
Microsoft Corp.

Network Routers Readers choice Awards to:
Apple Inc

GPS Readers choice Awards to:
Garmin International Inc.

VoIP Readers choice Awards to:
Cablevision's Optimum Voice
Honourable mention:
Verizon's VoIP Services

ISP (In the US I would assume) Readers choice Awards to:
Verizon FiOS
Honourable Mention:
WOW! Internet

It seems 3 things were evident here.

1. Every category Apple was eligible to enter, PC mag readers and users loved Apple offerings above all the competition.
2. PC users prefer the PS3 to the Wii.
3. There is no Tablet category. But if there was hmmm I think we'd see Honourable mention for Apple there too.

So it seems Apple's products are universally loved by almost everyone :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think I'm surprised by any of this. I have a Wii but of course it's not any fun if you don't play it with friends.

Apple domination FTW?

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I think the Wii is very fun on your own but enough people can't see this so the PS3 got the more votes. And yeah Apple domination FTW :).

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Readers' Choice: Apple Inc.
Apple's AirPort routers work great with Mac and Windows systems (as well as all the other Wi-Fi devices you have). As in so many categories, Apple stands head and shoulders above the competition.

So I guess they allowed wireless base stations as well. Cause Apple's offerings are not the modem/wireless base station all in ones like other companies have. But it seems the PC mag readers seem to like having Apple's offerings + their own modem.

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how Microsoft even made it on the list for media players. Hahaha

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well you know how it is. The Zune is crap. But at least it made the store shelves. Most other of the competitor companies Personal Music Players never made it into production. So in that respect just making the shelves is an achievement.

Reaction score
Well you know how it is. The Zune is crap. But at least it made the store shelves. Most other of the competitor companies Personal Music Players never made it into production. So in that respect just making the shelves is an achievement.

Well, somewhere in Redmond, someone had the dimmest bulb at Microsoft to say "hey, let's call it 'Zune' and sell it like the iPod!!!"

Was that Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer? It's been awhile.
emoticon_study.png

Emoticono85.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I'm curious to know how Microsoft even made it on the list for media players. Hahaha
The Zune isn't bad. In fact, it probably is a better device than most iPods (minus the iPod Touch). The iPod Touch is just godlike.

Reaction score
The Zune isn't bad. In fact, it probably is a better device than most iPods (minus the iPod Touch). The iPod Touch is just godlike.

I've simultaneously owned two Zune products and three iPods. My first Zune (30 GB white "brick") had the battery issue where if left plugged in, the battery would expand and crack the screen. The second one (smaller Zune 8) worked for about three months and then it wouldn't store music. Sent it back to Microsoft, who later told me that the flash storage went corrupt. I don't own either one of them anymore. But that's my personal experience. I agree, they are a little better than some iPods, but I totally agree- nothing beats the iPod touch. Not even the Zune HD (which a friend of mine owns, and he hates it now).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.