I tunes 10, no pause button.

Reaction score
I tunes 10 isn't showing me a pause button. The pause button has turned into a stop button. I can still pause it by pushing F8 but I want to be able to click it like I was able to before the update. Here is a screen shot of this. Anyway to do this?

Screenshot2010-09-08at115145AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Mine is there. What are you listening to there? Howard isn't streaming or something is it?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That's not really new or a bug. You have to have the playlist/library item selected that the currently playing tracking is coming from. For example, if I play a song from a playlist and switch over to my music library, the pause button turns into a stop button. For there to be a pause button, you have to have the "proper" playlist/library selected.

OP
L
Reaction score
But this never happened before doing the exact thing. Howard is not streaming it is an mp3. I record the show. So before I would record it, the exact same way, then I would play it through itunes and it would always have the pause button. Only after the update did this happen. And it's happening with a lot of different files. And I'm sure it had it before because I paused it quite often during it. And it's the same exact type of file.

My files don't copy to i tunes I keep them on the hard drive and click them and it opens in itunes. I have it set to not copy them or anything like that. I'm not sure what library it opens up but shouldn't be any different than before right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.