Wireless network issues-macbooks wont print

Reaction score
Hi all, quite puzzled by my issue as in the past the macs have never had an issue in regards to connectivity until now, our setup is one iMac connected via ethernet cable to a router with wireless, and 1 macbook and 2 macbook pros, we have a HP photosmart 3110 printer, recently just got a new router as the other stopped working, the router is a netcomm NB6PLUS4Wn, previous to this we could access the printer connected to the iMac via USB with no issues over the wireless network, and could access the public folders on the iMac by all laptops, now with the new router cannot even access the public folders or the printer on the iMac,

i have checked that the printer has sharing switched on, and the iMac has file and printer sharing activated,

also on the laptops the iMac appears in finder but when i try to access it it cannot connect,

also in the recent software update there were new HP drivers/software updates, don't know whether this is the cause as the router was changed around the same time as this update

network is ADSL2+

thanks for any help, and i hope my question is descriptive enough in order to find a solution, it's quite frustrating !

Thanks,

blurr1604

Reaction score
macbook pro won't print

Hi all, quite puzzled by my issue as in the past the macs have never had an issue in regards to connectivity until now, our setup is one iMac connected via ethernet cable to a router with wireless, and 1 macbook and 2 macbook pros, we have a HP photosmart 3110 printer, recently just got a new router as the other stopped working, the router is a netcomm NB6PLUS4Wn, previous to this we could access the printer connected to the iMac via USB with no issues over the wireless network, and could access the public folders on the iMac by all laptops, now with the new router cannot even access the public folders or the printer on the iMac,

i have checked that the printer has sharing switched on, and the iMac has file and printer sharing activated,

also on the laptops the iMac appears in finder but when i try to access it it cannot connect,

also in the recent software update there were new HP drivers/software updates, don't know whether this is the cause as the router was changed around the same time as this update

network is ADSL2+

thanks for any help, and i hope my question is descriptive enough in order to find a solution, it's quite frustrating !

Thanks,

blurr1604

I have a macbook pro that until a few weeks ago was fine. We have a "home" network and a wireless internet and a wireless printer. We could print while on the internet. Now I must manually switch to the "home" network to print -- thus losing internet connection. The "System Preferences" show the two networks as "joined." Apple says it's an HP problem, HP says it's an Apple problem or wireless provider problem. Wireless internet provider says it's doing what it's supposed to do -- connect to the internet! Anyone have ideas of what to do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.