mac mini and wifi?

Reaction score
i just got a mac mini can figure out how to connect it to a wireless network or even if it is capable of connecting to one right out of the box? any help would be greatly appreciated. i am new to mac but i have tried this..

System preferences>network
and all i see is ethernet and firewire options..

starting to think no wifi?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a brand new Mini or an older one? If you click on the Apple in the Top Left of the display, and on About This Mac, give us the specs listed and the OS also.

OP
Reaction score
this is the new one. (the unibody aluminum)
what specs exactly do you need?
Version: 10.6.3
Processor: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo
Memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: OSX

It was open box at best buy so do i need to reinstall OSX?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If no Airport is showing up, there is indeed something wrong.

In your first post you did not say which Mini it was so I was wondering if it was one of the old Power PC Minis as all did not come with Airport. Every Intel Mini has Airport.

So Airport does not show up in Networking? How about if you click on the Apple in the Top Left corner of the screen, then on About This Mac, Then on More Info.

Look under Network. Do you see Airport Card? Does it show the info for the Airport Card? If not, take it back to BB and complain. Just because it's Open Box does not mean it should not all function!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.