Bluetooth Aluminum Keyboard not Connecting to Windows 7 - SOLUTION

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
I am currently typing this on my Apple Bluetooth Aluminum Keyboard, at my Windows 7 machine (no bootcamp).

Although the interwebs as a whole seems to think this works out of the box I'm here to tell you it does not! Or at least it didn't for me. Here's the solution I eventually found... Let me warn you, I'm sure this is not an apple approved fix or anything, but it's not to my knowledge Illegal and most importantly, it works.

First go here Apple Bluetooth Driver 1.0 for Windows Driver for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows XP X64 / Windows Vista64 Free Download - Softpedia and download the drivers. Thanks to chscag for that link.

When you try to run it it will tell you that it's not for your system - I think it's only meant for certain versions of BootCamp. So download WinRAR and open the EXE. From there Double click AppleBluetoothBroadcomInstaller.exe and install it. Sneaky sneaky.

Next go to Devices and Printers and right click your bluetooth device. Select Properties, hardware tab, properties, driver tab, update driver.

Click browse, let me pick, and uncheck show compatible hardware. Under manufacturer go to Apple, and select Apple Broadcom Built In Bluetooth. Click next, go through all the prompts and the driver will be installed.

Now all you have to do is go back to Devices and Printers, click add a device, and it should see your keyboard. Pairing is a breeze and you are both wireless and stylish. Awesome.

If I've left anything out please let me know. Happy typing!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting the solution. Very innovative! O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.