issue with wireless

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I'm having a small problem...whenever my macbook starts, it connects to our neighbor's network instead of ours. I have to manually switch it over every time i turn the computer on or everytime i open the top of the laptop too.

I checked the Network prefs but so far, unsuccessful.

Anyone know how I can set my router as the default for my computer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One way to solve it is to tell your neighbor he's broadcasting in the clear and that he should protect his network with encryption.

Also try this: Next time your MacBook joins your neighbor's network, click on the airport icon in your menu bar, and remove the check from where it says "Remember this network". Now click on your network and make sure that box is checked. Let us know if it works.

OP
R
Reaction score
One way to solve it is to tell your neighbor he's broadcasting in the clear and that he should protect his network with encryption.

Also try this: Next time your MacBook joins your neighbor's network, click on the airport icon in your menu bar, and remove the check from where it says "Remember this network". Now click on your network and make sure that box is checked. Let us know if it works.

I had to go into Advanced Prefs and remove the neighbor's network from the list of recognizable ones. Thanks for your response!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.