No sound on Macbook

Reaction score
So ive got the latest macbook, and recently after i restarted my computer, theres no SOUND. Even if i plug my headphones in theres no sound, i try to mute/ lower/ upper the sound, but it just wont let me. Ive read around the net, it it says that there should be a red light in the audio jack or something ( i dont know might be for the older macbooks) but i dont have that??

I check my system preferences on sound, and it has no inputs or outputs listed?

Ive already tried backing up from an image, and it still has the same problem D: D: D: D D: D: D:

Can anybody help me????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I sometimes get the red light in the audio jack and sometimes not, but it still works fine. Have you tried backing your files up, formatting the computer, installing Macintosh again and then trying? If you have and it still didn't work, then I suggest visiting the Apple store and getting it checked, maybe the sound system/card died.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Well then, it seems like taking it to the Apple store is your only solution. I sure hope you're still under warranty in case there's something wrong with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.