Macbook Pro boots up into firmware everytime I start up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 MHz DDr3 1 internal TB
I've looked everywhere with no luck. My Unibody Macbook Pro 13inch 2.53 ghz 4 gb ram boots as if the firmware is updating everytime. (the loading bar appears underneath the apple in the boot screen.) It literally takes me 20 minutes to restart my computer. I have no idea how to fix this please somebody help me!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've looked everywhere with no luck. My Unibody Macbook Pro 13inch 2.53 ghz 4 gb ram boots as if the firmware is updating everytime. (the loading bar appears underneath the apple in the boot screen.) It literally takes me 20 minutes to restart my computer. I have no idea how to fix this please somebody help me!

Have you tried booting from an OS install or Restore disk?

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried booting from an OS install or Restore disk?

- Nick

No, how would that fix it? Wouldnt that just mean I would have to boot with the install disc everytime? or if I restored my system wouldnt that just erase everything?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, how would that fix it? Wouldnt that just mean I would have to boot with the install disc everytime? or if I restored my system wouldnt that just erase everything?

Instead of questioning suggestions...why not try it & see what happens...and then report back the results.

The process of fixing a problem (when you don't have the answer yourself)...is try the suggestions your given (as long as they don't cause any damage)...and see what happens. Successful or not...then we move on from there.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Restoring the system to an earlier point will not erase everything.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Instead of questioning my suggestion...why not try it & see what happens...and then report back the results.

The process of fixing a problem (when you don't have the answer yourself)...is try the suggestions your given (as long as they don't cause any damage)...and see what happens. Successful or not...then we move on from there.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

Yes but Im saying I do not want to use an install disk everytime I start up, nor do I want to erase my hard drive... Which leads me to my question as to why would I use an install disc to boot...like, are you implying that if I use a boot disc to boot, that something might register somewhere and next time I wont have to use the disc to boot? Im just asking about the process of what made you come to that conclusion,not insulting your intelligence.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Restoring the system to an earlier point will not erase everything.

Thank you Tarek for making that clear for me, its been like this for months it won't delete anything at all if i restore to say 6 months ago?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes but Im saying I do not want to use an install disk everytime I start up, nor do I want to erase my hard drive... Which leads me to my question as to why would I use an install disc to boot...like, are you implying that if I use a boot disc to boot, that something might register somewhere and next time I wont have to use the disc to boot? Im just asking about the process of what made you come to that conclusion,not insulting your intelligence.

This is a troubleshooting step...not a longterm or permanent solution. I wanted you to boot from your OS install DVD to see if you're able to boot properly...instead of the problem you're currently dealing with.

I would rather not debate the troubleshooting steps I'm suggesting. Just do it...and then report back the results.

Just trying to help...but you're making it tough!

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is a troubleshooting step...not a longterm or permanent solution. I wanted you to boot from your OS install DVD to see if you're able to boot properly...instead of the problem you're currently dealing with.

I would rather not debate the troubleshooting steps I'm suggesting. Just do it...and then report back the results.

Just trying to help...but you're making it tough!

- Nick
lol I appreciate the help and im not trying to debate, Im just trying to understand the process better for myself so that I can learn from people who have more knowledge in this subject then myself is all, I will try that and see what happens.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...I will try that and see what happens.

Give it a try...and let us know what happens.

At this point you said that you cannot boot the computer from the internal hard drive. If you can successfully boot from a CD/DVD...then that is a positive step towards solving your computers problem.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I am pretty sure it will not remove any data (files, folders, etc.) you have like movies, music and stuff. However, I am not sure if updates you've had will remain. Also, some system preferences that you altered during those 6 months could be reverted back to default. You won't lose anything crucial, though, so that's an upside.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.