Powermac G5 no video...lights on system running?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have gone through other boards lots of times but cant seem to find a similar problem. My first and only conclusion is that i need a new graphics card?

This is a late 2005 Powermac G5

The system starts fine, hear the chime all lights and power function correctly. All lights on the inside indicate the system is fine....except there is no video signal whatsoever.

Is this a faulty graphics card?

Thank you for your time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i7 27" (LOVE IT)
not sure, however if you end up wanting to sell it please let me know.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to buy a new graphics card, fingers crossed it will get it done.

OP
R
Reaction score
I might also add that the LED indicator lights by the ram modules are all off indicating the system is ok.

The front white LED power light also on and solid indicating the system is on and running.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to buy a new graphics card, fingers crossed it will get it done.

Be sure to purchase a Macintosh compatible video card that works with a Powermac G5.

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And check out the specs more fully. Late 2005 modelsm if that is indeed what it is with DDR2 memory, are Dual Core and use PCI-E Graphic Cards and not AGP 8X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.