Need Simple Notes App to Sync Between MBP and iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4Ghz, 250HDD, 4Gb RAM, o/s 10.6.4 -:- iPod Touch, 32Gb, O/S 4.0.2 (used mostly as a PDA)
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched the forums and read what’s here + just about googled myself into a stupor ;)

I’m looking for a ‘Notes’ app that will allow me to create free-text notes on a MacBook Pro then sync them across to a sister app on an iPod Touch (wired or wireless). I would then like to be able to create/edit/view/organize the notes on either machine and have them sync to update on the other. I need some form of hierarchal nested folders or categories and, as some to the notes will contain sensitive information, I need to be able to encrypt or password protect some of the notes at the individual note level.

Sync through Mobileme would be nice but not essential. I do need the notes to be physically transferred between the MBP and the iPod as I need to be able to see them on the iPod when I don’t have an internet connection

Eventually I will do this (along with other PIM needs) in a larger application like Things, Evernote, Yojimbo, Papers etc however until I get my head around which of those suits my needs best I wondered if there was a simple solution to get me through the short term.

.... or any useful tips on how to go about this in another way using say iWorks or anything similar would be gratefully received.

Cheers in advance, Dave B :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.