123reg DNS and email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
Hi,

I've been a complete idiot, fiddled with something I didn't know anything about despite warnings and have screwed up my email on 123-reg.

I own 4 domain names and 1 email address with 123-reg. When trying to host the website I've made I fiddled with the DNS settings, then reset them when I realised I was looking in the wrong section of control panel.

I do not know what I did, or what it was before, but my email is not working. (never tried it before)

I can send from the email address, but I cannot receive. I get the error:

Code:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

********@*******.com

Technical details of permanent failure: 
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. 
We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. 
The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here (state 14).

Looking at my DNS settings (after googling what could be wrong), I see this on the domain linked with the email only:

Code:
Warning - If you are not familiar with DNS, please view our DNS Management Guide. An error may result in you losing email, or your website being down whilst propagation takes place.

Domain ***********.com is not on our nameservers.

How do I fix this?

:(

Thanks very much for any help you can give me. I really hoped I could get a business website done myself and save money, but this just feels like one problem after another and has been a very steep learning curve for me.

Thanks again

Jonik

UPDATE

123 support has told me the error is because:

"You are getting this error for **********.com as a whois lookup shows that this domain is using the nameservers for hostpapa and not 123-reg."

I am using 123 for domain name and email, and hostpapa for hosting - how do I get my email to work!?!?

:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.