Battery question

Reaction score
I've had a 13 inch macbook pro for a few months now and i recently noticed something about my battery. Basically all when i click on the battery button on the menu at the top it says "Replace Now"

should i be worried about this, like will a weak battery damage my computer at all?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
Try recalibrating your battery:

1. Plug in the MagSafe Power Adapter and fully charge the battery.

2. When the battery is fully charged, the light on the MagSafe Power Adapter connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is charged.

3. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer.

4. You can use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.

5. With the computer still on, disconnect the power adapter and continue to use your computer.

6. When you see the low battery warning, save your work and close all applications. Keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep.

7. After your computer goes to sleep, turn it off or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.

8. Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged.

9. You can use your computer during this time.

Original instructions: Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

If after the calibration it stills says "Replace Now," then take it to your nearest Apple Store and let one of the Apple Geniuses have a look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.