Maximizing window in iWord?

Reaction score
I'm just starting to use iWord in the iWork package I bought, and am having difficulty maximizing my document to the full width of the screen, but centred. When it opens, it's only as wide as the document itself, with the desktop/windows visible on the sides. Usually I don't mind this, but when focusing on a paper, I want to stretch it so the document covers the whole screen, with the grey boundaries on the left and right... It helps me concentrate.

However, when I stretch the document out, it keeps the document aligned to the left, with the grey all to the right of it. How do I make it so the document is in the middle with the grey background on either side?

Cheers!

Reaction score
*Cough* it's called Pages *cough*

:D

Try using the Full Screen mode.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ahh, "Pages" then. As I said, I'm still new to it. :)

Is there any way to do this other than making it full screen? I go between Pages, Safari, and my email frequently while working, and would have to close out of full screen to do this.

Reaction score
Ahh, "Pages" then. As I said, I'm still new to it. :)

Is there any way to do this other than making it full screen? I go between Pages, Safari, and my email frequently while working, and would have to close out of full screen to do this.

The menu choices show the associated hot-keys. To toggle full screen mode in Pages, hit option-command-u using the option and command buttons on either side of your keyboard's space bar.

Also consider playing around with "spaces", which gives you a series of desktops onto which you can place whatever you'd like. It can be customized and you can toggle it via a hot-corner or via menu, move open applications where you'd like or to segregate, etc.

There are some other things you can do too, such as using dual monitors.

Reaction score
The menu choices show the associated hot-keys. To toggle full screen mode in Pages, hit option-command-u using the option and command buttons on either side of your keyboard's space bar.

Also consider playing around with "spaces", which gives you a series of desktops onto which you can place whatever you'd like. It can be customized and you can toggle it via a hot-corner or via menu, move open applications where you'd like or to segregate, etc.

There are some other things you can do too, such as using dual monitors.

Don't forget that in Mac OS X, the trackpad hardware (including Magic Trackpad) can do some neat tricks in invoking Expose.

Reaction score
Don't forget that in Mac OS X, the trackpad hardware (including Magic Trackpad) can do some neat tricks in invoking Expose.

Yes good point, thanks. I guess I take that for granted.

Four fingers up, gets you to the desktop

Four fingers down, shows all open apps with small screen shots, select.

Four fingers left or right, shows all open programs, select your choice.

Using the "better touch" download I added on four finger tap to reach dashboard, and three fingers up/down for volume changes. You can add/change many others with the BT preference screen, including new gestures and options not presently supported.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.