Macbook top case

Reaction score
hi guys, I'm new to the forum and i really hope you guys/gals can help me out with my macbook. I've had my black macbook for quite some time now and the place where i originally bought it will no longer help me out. the issue is my top case keeps cracking and chipping away at the edges. I want to buy a new one, but there are just to many options and i can't seem to find the same one i had. if some one could let me know where i can get the same one i would really appreciate it. thanks
DSC_0022.jpg

Reaction score
Run the serial number through PowerbookMedic. They will tell you exactly which
MacBook you have and it will make it much easier for finding a new top case.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hi guys, I'm new to the forum and i really hope you guys/gals can help me out with my macbook. I've had my black macbook for quite some time now and the place where i originally bought it will no longer help me out. the issue is my top case keeps cracking and chipping away at the edges. I want to buy a new one, but there are just to many options and i can't seem to find the same one i had. if some one could let me know where i can get the same one i would really appreciate it.

Since there were about 5 different black Macbook models...some specification information would be helpful...but I think that this is what you want:

MacBook Santa Rosa/Penryn Upper Case with Keyboard (922-9550, 922-8264, 922-8265, 661-5075, 661-5076) - iFixit

...unfortunately they seem to be out of stock. Maybe you can contact them & special order one.

Good Luck & welcome to Mac-Forums,

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks for the info nick, i just checked and it says they have some in stock. this forum seems like is filled with really helpful people

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thanks for the info nick, i just checked and it says they have some in stock. this forum seems like is filled with really helpful people

Yeah...it looks like ifixit.com got more of the black top cases in stock since my earlier post.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.