Chinese Language

Reaction score
i just brought a macbook pro today :D and transfered all my songs over, but the charecters for my chinese songs come up wierd and stuff that don't make any sense, anywayz with windows i used to change the language for non unicode programs to traditional chinese and the whole system would still be in english, now on a mac i have t change the whole language to get the song titles correct :/ and as soon as i change it back to english language the song titles go!!! what i am asking is does anybody have a solution to correct the chinese names and still keep the system language to english??

heres a screen shot of what the wierd charecters look like

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/harryc_88/Screenshot2010-09-07at002306.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open up your Font Book.app and verify that all the Chinese fonts that were included with Snow Leopard are OK. (Applications, Font Book.app) You may have to go thru all of them to check which ones are Chinese.

You should not have to install the Chinese language options in order to properly read out Chinese characters either on web sites or music. However, the fonts must be installed in order to do so. I have music from Korea and go to Korean web sites and do not have the Korean language installed.

OP
H
Reaction score
when you say check if they are "okay" what do you mean?
Websites display the chinese characters properly

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Verify the Chinese fonts with the Font Book.app. If Chinese web sites display OK, chances are your fonts are OK. But check them anyway. You should know which fonts are being used in the music you play - verify them. If they verify OK, then the problem is elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.