Fullscreen video screen trouble SOS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro, iMac, iPod Touch, iphone, ipad
When i watch videos in fullscreen and with some games i see some lines like the screen color going horizontally from up to bottom, how do i take them off or how do i upgrade the driver of the intel gma950 video card, i cant find the solution!! this is so annoying!!

P.S: the lines are not white, nor black they are just lines, like a sort of distortion. I think this is the video card which sucks intel gma950 and is there a new driver i can get?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can not upgrade the driver for the GMA 950. What you're describing sounds more like a hardware problem. The next time that happens, take a screen shot. If those same lines show up on the screen shot, the GPU may be defective. And since the GPU is soldered to the logic board, that might mean a new logic board. An expensive repair.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ohhh damm it!! that really sounds like a problem! i tried like 15 min ago but i cant take a screenshot because its to fast to get captured, but like i mean i can see it but the screen shot cant!!! ill try later taking an actual picture of my mac screen.

dude thanks a lot, do you think apple may be able to repair even if the warranty already expired like 5 years ago?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I have had this problem when I used Windows XP on a Boot Camp partition. It sometimes appeared and sometimes not. Ever since I installed Windows 7, though, it stopped happening.

Oh!! I forgot to mention that that only happens when my MBP is plugged into a monitor using a DVI cable.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats what happens to me, it appears sometimes buy i don't have any partition with boot camp and my MB is not connected to an external monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Well, I didn't realize that happens with you in games as well. It happed to me when playing movies, and using a different media player worked as well.

Seems to me like you have a driver issue. If it still persists, I'd try backing everything up on an external HD, formatting the computer, and reinstalling the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.