Bluetooth Aluminum Keyboard not Connecting to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
HELP! I recently purchased an apple Bluetooth aluminum keyboard. For some reason it paired fine with both my friend's iPad and my iPod, but it won't pair with my Windows 7 machine, which was going to be it's primary purpose.

I go to 'Add a Device', hit the button on the keyboard and it begins to flash as though it's in discovery mode, but my PC never sees it.

I have tried the following:

-reinstalling my Bluetooth drivers (I am using cheap Bluetooth dongle's, which may be the problem)
-unpairing it from my iPod, and telling my iPod to "forget" it
-holding in the button on the keyboard for variable amounts of time

Most people who have a problem with paring encounter it after the device is initially paired... I can't even get that far! Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That same keyboard works fine when Windows 7 is installed via Boot Camp on a Mac. And that's because Apple provides drivers on the OS X DVD. I'm not sure that keyboard is going to work without BT drivers for Windows. Try this driver and see if it works for Windows 7.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately that exe recognizes that I'm not running bootcamp and refuses to continue.

I did find this helpful little link however. Bootcamp Drivers Leopard - InsanelyMac Forum
This dude has posted all the drivers from some version of bootcamp (hopefully recent) for download via RapidShare. I'm going to try using that to get just the Bluetooth driver and see if I can get it working.

Grrrrr. I want my wireless keyboard dangit!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just a cautionary note: That site is famous for its "Hackintosh" and somewhat illegal activities including Apple drivers. Anything you download from there is likely to be not legal. Use at your own risk. And, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.