Gmail behaving badly on my mac?

Reaction score
Hi, I am having problems receiving gmail on my mac. my email on my mac is set with a gmail and a hotmail account. my hotmail works as usual with no problems, but for the last 3 days, my gmail has just stopped recieving any mail at all, even test mail sent via my hotmail account.

That said, i am receiving email and sending from my iphone for both accounts. Whats gone wrong? I havnt changed any settings and the account details are all correct.

this is tearing my hair out!!!

thanks for any help :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How do you have your GMail account setup on the Mac, iMap or Pop?

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi, chscag, thanks for replying. It is set to imap. The mac configured all this except for my user names and passwords and worked fine, but no emails received on here for 3 days, yet my iphone and mac book pro gmail working just fine :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Re-check the port numbers for incoming mail…It should be 993 and make sure you check the box which says something about using SSL or a secure connection…

OP
B
Reaction score
yep, it is 993 and the SSL box is checked. when i do a receive mail, the little fan/circle thing keeps on going and going...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm not sure then…Perhaps you could just delete your account and set it up again…

OP
B
Reaction score
hi, shahvikram, I took your advice and deleted the account and re-entered it, seems to be working fine now :)

thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm glad it worked :)

Reaction score
Not at all trying to take over this thread or anything, but does anyone know how the last logged in thing in Gmail works? Yesterday I logged in at 5:48 PM and after that logged in at around 11 PM, and it said I was last logged in 5 hours ago. They don't seem to be counting the 12 minutes. Then yesterday I logged in and out at 12:10 AM, and today logged in at 12:35 AM. It said I was last logged in a day ago. Well yes, technically a day ago, but it's once again not counting some time.

I remember logging in sometime and it said I was last logged like 1.5 hours ago or something like that. So even if it won't count specific minutes, shouldn't it have at least given me an hour and a "point"? Or does Gmail count it differently and is my math horrible?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.