Diablo 2 & Expansion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram
I've heard a lot of stories about people not being able to install Diablo 2 and the Expansion on Tiger. I'm getting a new Powerbook soon and Diablo 2 makes up a very large majority of my light video gaming so i was wonderin' if anyone here has sucesfully installed it? And if so do you have any tips for a soon to be Powerbook owner?

E

Ey3 D

Well I play Diablo 2 on my iBook G4 (see Mac Specs) and it works great. Since my iBook is probably less powerful than your PowerBook, then yeah, I would say it would play great. The installation is long but worth it. No prblems I encountered. I had Panther when I installed it, but now I have Tiger and it has improved in performance if anything. Just remember to put it in a box by using command (or apple)+m during gampeplay. Better graphics and less lag.

OP
doomzmaster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram
Does making it a window increase performance?

B

badmojo

I used to be an avid D2 LOD player until I got my iMac G5 (10.4.1). D2 ran horribly on my system and I could not get it to work half as well as it di on my PC. Now I have a level 85 L/F Zon, with a Shako and a Gheeds sitting in cyberspace, bored out of her mind.

E

Ey3 D

doomzmaster said:
Does making it a window increase performance?
Yes, it seems to for me at least. Nearly no lag. Once I had the game in a window, Photoshop, AdiumX, Mail, Safari, Firefox, System Preferences, Garageband open. Now that is a lot. I had like 5 images in Photoshop. I was lagging in some other apps when I switched to them, but Diablo 2 was for the most part smooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
In contrast to all the previous posts, Diablo 2 did not properly install on my 15" Powerbook running Tiger. Is this because I lack the expansion or simply because the game does not run 10.4?

Y

yubozhao

mine said that it need mac classic to install it, where i get that or is there a way around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook, 1.67GHz, 100GB HD, 1GB RAM, 128MB Video. 20GB iPod. 512MB iPod Shuffle. 80GB ipod
well, i feel like an idiot. i returned the game because i felt using classic seemed to taxing. its hard adjusting to this mac business.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.