Wireless: safari won't load certain webpages and/or images

Reaction score
This problem occurs in both Safari and Firefox.

My macbook pro will load certain pages to an extent, and then stop. For example, facebook. It loads about halfway and then completely stops loading. When I type "https" in the bar, it will load the page, but it will not load images.

This problem does not occur when it is plugged directly into my modem. It only occurs when I am using my wireless connection.

Some pages load fine and quickly; others do not. It's multiple webpages, not just a few.

My macbook worked just fine with this router at a different location.

I have already tried deleting plug-ins and it did not work. I've also tried deleting cookies and emptying my cache. Any suggestions/further info needed?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you powered off the router and back on again?

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, it didn't help.

I don't know if it helps or not, but the wireless works fine on my boyfriend's PC. All the webpages that I'm having trouble with load fine on his.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yes, it didn't help.

I don't know if it helps or not, but the wireless works fine on my boyfriend's PC. All the webpages that I'm having trouble with load fine on his.

Open System Preferences => Network. Highlight AirPort in the left window pane. Click the "-" (minus) sign to remove the connection. Click "+" and re-add the AirPort connection. Click Apply and then reconnect to your wireless network and see if the issue persists.

OP
T
Reaction score
Done. The webpage started to load and showed a few links, then stopped. I refreshed, and it went back to just freezing in the middle of loading without displaying anything from the webpage. Tried it with another page and got the same result.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.