Syncing a Palm Treo 650 with Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I have a MacBookPro and iPad and I'm on the trial of MobileMe. I love how MobileMe syncs the MBP and iPad. However, I'd like to be able to also sync them with my Palm Treo 650. Any recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
There is no support for Palm Desktop and Hotsync in Snow Leopard; they will not sync with Apple Address Book and iCal.
However despite the warnings given on the Palm website Palm.com : Support (select your phone, then click on downloads / Palm Desktop 4.2.1 and HotSync Manager Rev D (Mac)) I had no problems syncing with my Treo 650 with the Palm software.
I tried iSnyc through bluetooth but had absolutely no success, so was happy with things as they are - better than nothing.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Syncing

I'm using Missing Sync for Mac - it syncs my contact list fine but won't sync the calendar.

Should I still try the Palm Desktop even though I'm running Missing Sync? I don't know much about either program. Missing Sync worked fine with my old MacBook (plastic 13") but is not working with my new 13" MacBook Pro.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
I'm sorry but I have no experience of Missing Sync - Palm Desktop is independant of Snow Leopard and keeps it's own backups so any syncing you do will not affect Apple Address Book or iCal.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.