"X"ing out

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know this is a strange issue, but I've had it nearly ever since I bought my 15" 2009 unibody MBP. Occasionally (15-25% of the time), when I go to the upper left hand corner of my web browser to click the "X", "-", or "+", I will click on the given icon and it will be unresponsive. As long as my cursor is in the same position on the icon, I can click it 200 times if I want to and it will not register. However, as soon as I move the mouse of the icon and then put it back on, it registers. It also occasionally happens in software programs other than just web browsers.

I've taken it in to the Genius bar and they insist there are no hardware issues with the trackpad, and this makes sense because I encounter the same problems while using the Magic Mouse occasionally. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem with their Mac, and whether there is a sollution to this pesky annoyance.

Thanks for your time!!

PaHs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Best suggestion I can think of is to go into System Preferences, Mouse, and try changing the various adjustments for sensitivity for both the trackpad and mouse. See if it makes a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.