Wireless Network Connection Fault

Reaction score
Hi,
To describe my problem more clearly i'm giving you some details;

Macbook 13" white 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3gb Ram
Snow Leopard 10.6.4 all updates done.
More than 10 wireless networks available around...

My problem is; my wireless connection drops frequently, and when it drops it scans again for other wireless connections and can not find any. When I click the wireless icon next to the clock/sound etc. controls, it says no wireless networks found (something like that). When I restart my computer the problem is solved. But after a while it happens again.

Any ideas why it can happen and how can I solve that problem?

OP
E
Reaction score
I read the post at the link, and none of them can solve my problem. Any ideas?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Your problem is pretty straightforward, IMO. You've got other conflicting wireless network signals in your area. Did you actually follow the suggestions and experiment with different channels.

If you help us by telling us the steps you did attempt for mitigation, that would give us a clearer picture of how to troubleshoot further.

OP
E
Reaction score
I think the problem is not with the other wireless network signals, if it was like that I would see some networks other than mine, but I can't see any of them. So I think that problem is something with my mb.
Only restarting seems a solution for now.
By the way I changed the wireless modems channel and tried them. But problem happens again often.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wait a sec... first you said:

More than 10 wireless networks available around...

...and then you said...

I think the problem is not with the other wireless network signals, if it was like that I would see some networks other than mine, but I can't see any of them.

So, which is it? Can you see more than 10 other networks or not?

By the way I changed the wireless modems channel and tried them. But problem happens again often.

If the former, did you survey to see which channels they're operating on and try one that isn't being used?

OP
E
Reaction score
Wait a sec... first you said:

...and then you said...

So, which is it? Can you see more than 10 other networks or not?

I can see 10 or more other networks while everything runs ok on my mac. When the problem occurs I can't see any of them, that was what I try to explain. That is what make me think the problems source is my mac.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try doing a PRAM reset. Shut the machine down, turn it back on and immediately press and hold Command+Option+P+R. Continue holding until you hear the system chime twice. Boot the machine back up and see if the issue persists.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.