Multiple libraries in iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Can I create a separate user or a separate library in iTunes?

Here's my issue:

I have a fairly good sized music collection that I'm slowly importing into iTunes for eventual use on an iPod.

I also have a large collection of Old Time Radio shows in MP3 format that I'd like to be able to put on my HDD and use as well.

However, I don't want to import them into iTunes because I don't want several hundred radio shows cluttering up my music library or being selected by the shuffle list.

So, can I create another library in iTunes and switch between them or

Does anybody have a suggestion for a free or cheap media player that I can just use for radio shows? (the free version of Real Player and Windows Media...from what I can tell...don't support a library or playlist function and I really need this.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Use quicktime!

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
edgefusion said:
Use quicktime!

I'm not seeing the playlist or library function? Do I have to buy the "Pro" version to unlock that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Don't really know what edgefusion means either, but here's my suggestion:

First Tag them all with a certain artist name and use the album name to help differentiate between the different programs. That way it is only one extra artist in your iTunes library.

Then to avoid them showing up in your shuffle lists, either convert them to AAC and make them into Audiobooks (bookmarkable and don't show up in party shuffle or iPods 'shuffle all songs' feature).

Or uncheck the box in front of the iTunes entry for them so they are skipped during shuffle playback.

T

Tel

Use smart playlists maybe? Have one playlist for all your radio shows and one for all your music then just select the music playlist as your source for party shuffle or whatever.

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
I got it solved. I downloaded MacAmp which does what I need and I don't have to convert hundreds of files or clutter up iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.