• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple iPod Touch 4G Picture Flaws?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Today I read a few articles that showed some pictures of this new device had weird features. For example, one pictures revealed that there was an Emergency Call button on the "un-simple" passcode lock screen. Another showed that there was a phone application on the dock. The last showed that in the Search feature's results there were two SMS/Messaging results.

The first two pictures:
Apple iPod Touch 4G Promotional Image Photoshop Errors

The last I noticed myself, scroll down to the portion that explains the Search feature:
Apple - iPod touch - Voice Memos, Calendar, Folders, and more

I'm pretty sure this was just a mistake but it seemed pretty interesting. Also Apple stated that this new device will be able to vibrate... seems pretty neat.

Reaction score
Today I read a few articles that showed some pictures of this new device had weird features. For example, one pictures revealed that there was an Emergency Call button on the "un-simple" passcode lock screen. Another showed that there was a phone application on the dock. The last showed that in the Search feature's results there were two SMS/Messaging results.

The first two pictures:
Apple iPod Touch 4G Promotional Image Photoshop Errors

The last I noticed myself, scroll down to the portion that explains the Search feature:
Apple - iPod touch - Voice Memos, Calendar, Folders, and more

I'm pretty sure this was just a mistake but it seemed pretty interesting. Also Apple stated that this new device will be able to vibrate... seems pretty neat.

It is a Photoshop mess up. Just like in the Keynote, there were certain slides that had errors on them.

This is what the FaceTime icon will look like on iPod Touch:
Apple - iPod touch - iOS 4 is the world?s most advanced mobile OS

There will be no phone app on the iPod Touch.

Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea the new iPod came with um…"iPod" on it, and a "Phone". :D

Apple may probably ignore this. Did anyone think to point this out to Steve Jobs? Did he notice?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
the phone icon on thay new itouch is prob where you will make your face time calls

The FaceTime app is different than the Phone app... as applebjesus also pointed out. Yeah I thought it was just some error. Chris H., I don't think so, I doubt anyone realized at first sight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's just Photoshop errors, don't read too much into it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
The new iPod Touch looks great. Might buy it with the MBP this Christmas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.