Apple issues

Reaction score
There was an article on the news in the UK this weekend that suggested there are many issues with Apple products but Apple does not want to know about them - is this true? If it is, I think this should be addressed. I love my ipod Touch (when it works!) as it saves me from having to carry a diary, an address book and a whole host of other items in my bag but if it is going to be continually unreliable then I may have to revert to the old system!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Saying that there are "many issues" with Apple products is pretty vague and ambiguous.

1) Did the news story say which products specifically had "issues"?
2) Did they enumerate what those issues were?

To make a statement like that without supporting details is essentially worthless and I would dismiss it offhand.

As far as your iPod Touch, I have been using these for some time and they work as promised. You say you love your iPod "when it works". What kind of problems are you having with it? Rather than listen to some ambiguous news story that says Apple products suck and assume yours is one of them, tell us what your problem is and maybe we can help you with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Every manufacturer have issues with their products in some way. That is why we have something called warranty.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
How exactly are they keeping these flaws unknown to the public? With the internet around I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I would suggest the author of that article look into a small Redmond Wa. based company named "Microsoft"...

Seriously, sure Apple products have issues. ALL electronics have "issues". Some are design flaws, some are actual problems and some are just consumers who don't know how the product is supposed to work....

OP
G
Reaction score
Gosh, I am feeling a bit ambushed now!! I am simply telling you the history of what happened with me and my ipod touch - and as far as I am concerned, it is not a happy tale - at least, not one I would recommend to anyone I know!!! All I have done is report what the employees at the Apple store in Exeter have said to me i.e. there are issues with certain AV softfware which makes ipods malfunction!!! Now if there is not an issue there then make sure that Apple instruct their employees accordingly is all I say otherwise Apple could find themselves losing lots of customers.

I thought a forum like this was one where we could discuss issues but obviously not, to me it is all one sided and guess I will bug out now and take my malfunctioning Apple product with me - but at least I know not to buy another one!!!

Reaction score
Gosh, I am feeling a bit ambushed now!!

I thought a forum like this was one where we could discuss issues but obviously not, to me it is all one sided and guess I will bug out now and take my malfunctioning Apple product with me - but at least I know not to buy another one!!!

This is a pretty low blow.

We ask you questions (such as those raised by 1991-C4) to gain a better understanding of what your issues are. If your really do have a problem with Apple products, we'd love to help you figure them out. But giving us a hard time isn't going to help you much.

C

chas_m

OP starts off by lying, gets caught spreading FUD and can't answer simple questions, ignores helpful suggestions and never gets to anything even remotely resembling a specific issue.

Gosh, I don't know how we'll get along with her.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Gosh, I am feeling a bit ambushed now!! I am simply telling you the history of what happened with me and my ipod touch - and as far as I am concerned, it is not a happy tale - at least, not one I would recommend to anyone I know!!! All I have done is report what the employees at the Apple store in Exeter have said to me i.e. there are issues with certain AV softfware which makes ipods malfunction!!! Now if there is not an issue there then make sure that Apple instruct their employees accordingly is all I say otherwise Apple could find themselves losing lots of customers.

Where did you tell us the Issues you are having with your iPod Touch?

First you talked about a news article saying Apple products have issues but failed to even mention one of the issues they were talking about. What is the news article? Give us a URL. What products by Apple did they say have issues?

Then you ran down your iPod Touch and say you loved it WHEN IT WORKS. You NEVER ONCE told us what the issues were so we could try and help you. People asked what the issues were and you completely ignored the questions and started attacking the members of Mac Forums who just simply asked you first what products did the article say were defective, and then what issues you were having with your iPod Touch.

Not once did you list one issue or one product the news article ran down. It's impossible to help someone when they will not even tell us what is wrong with their product.

The members here did nothing wrong.

Your quoted post above screams troll. We tried to help and were all put down as well as Apple products that were not even named!

OP
G
Reaction score
Warning!!

I have taken and heeded my warning but do take issue with the fact that I have not told anyone about the issues with my ipod touch - I have and if some took time to look at the other posts I have made, they would see that. I am sorry if I have offended anyone as that was not my intention, I was simply trying to get an answer to my problem but guess I will look elsewhere for a solution to my problems.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Most had no idea you had another thread. You should have linked us to the other thread. I see 1000's a day as a moderator and can't remember them all. You should have posted your issues here also.

This is a large forum and threads get missed a lot of times.

OP
G
Reaction score
Warning

I am sorry that others were unaware of my other posts, as I said then, I am new to this and looked to you guys for help when I had problems with my Touch and I have no idea how to link my posts - that's why I signed up - for you guys to help and advise me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.