Any thoughts about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
waste of money in my opinion

Firefox already does a good job of identifying phishing sites and pure common sense (which costs nothing) can protect you against anything else.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
it doesnt cost money, its free

It's costing money for somebody. Even if you got it through the school, they are probably paying for it...or your tuition might be paying for it.

OP
Reaction score
It's costing money for somebody. Even if you got it through the school, they are probably paying for it...or your tuition might be paying for it.

no man were talking about the link for the thing that displays whether or not a site is safe, besides the mcafee security was either take it or leave it, and it would have been dumb to not get it- plus they gave microsft word,excel and all that stuff for free also

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
no man were talking about the link for the thing that displays whether or not a site is safe, besides the mcafee security was either take it or leave it, and it would have been dumb to not get it- plus they gave microsft word,excel and all that stuff for free also

What browser are you using? Firefox does a pretty good job on phishing and scam websites.

Reaction score
command L un-minimize

Found this out hope it helps

lets say your on your mac and minimize safari, (command m minimizes) it, and you want to un-minimize it, simply hit command L and it will bring it up. It also works with itunes. check it out and let me know how useful this was and much faster it makes using your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.