making itunes work for us ?

Reaction score
where i am now:
my wife and i use the same imac with individual log-ins and individual itunes accounts. the bulk of our music is stored on an external hard drive but we also have a reasonable amount of music individually (i.e. the stuff that i've bought on my account and the stuff that she's bought on her account). it works pretty well, but we each have things that the other would like access to.

where i would like to get to:
i have created a new "user" on our computer called iTunes and a new iTunes account for us to both share. we would like to use those accounts for all of our itunage so that we can both have access to the entire library. adding the songs from the external drive took nothing. question is, how do i go about adding all of the information from her's and my individual accounts (from individual log-ins) into this now communal user account?

it seems that there's got to be an app or a script that could take care of this... i'm just not sure what it would be. all suggestions are appreciated. thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.