Macbook pro won't charge.

Reaction score
This is the third time in the last month when my computer has failed to charge. The first time, they replaced the charger. The second time, I had to wait a week because they had to change the audioboard. My college classes start tomorrow, and I really hope they can actually finally fix the problem PERMANENTLY. I don't want to keep coming back to the apple store every week just because my computer won't charge.

Anyone else have this issue???

Reaction score
YES! I have the exact same problem. I replaced the charger on mine and confirmed that the old charger was bad. However, with the new charger, I have to reset the SMC (System Management Controller ; see Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)) every other time I plug in the power adapter. Apparently resetting the SMC is supposed to do the trick. I have no idea what's causing me to reset it **** near every time I need to use the computer.

OP
O
Reaction score
ok it seems like it can now charge if I shut down the computer, take out the battery, and put it back in again... I just hope that there aren't any more future problems...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.