Manage Ipad on OSX or Windows? Any difference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
It's probably a daft question, but I have a Mac or a Win7 pc, either of which I can use to connect/fill etc my Ipad.

Are there any differences? I have so far used the Mac, but I have win7 on a laptop, it might be slightly more convenient as it's portable.

Any thoughts? Tyvm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Cool Thread jonnyd ..... No Daft question mate :) ..... Dont personally own a iPad (soonish though) and will be keeping a eye on this thread as im very interested in what the outcomes and peoples own take on this situation is. Havnt seen a question like this either .. So very interested to see if there is .... Difference

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The one main difference between the two of them is in syncing pictures from a Windows machine. The problem only arises when you want the slideshow to show the pics in a specific order. Our Windows using friends have had to bend over backwards to get this working properly.

Other than that, have not read of any other significant disadvantages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.