Accidentally deleted folders from Applications Support

Reaction score
I may just win the biggest idiot of the universe award.

I was uninstalling google chrome and skype and decided it would be a great idea to delete them from my applications support (I had recently put in a new hard drive and funky things were going on with them). Now I am trying to reinstall google chrome and skype and I can't. Neither of them will open without an applications support folder.

Is there anyway to recreate the google and skype folders in my application support?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome Whaleish ....... You should be Ok ....
You do have a BACKUP dont you ?? Just restore it from that :)

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Deleting their respective folders in Applications Support should have no effect on re-installing them. That folder is created during the install. Those folders were not there prior to the first installation of either of those apps.

There is not really enough info to provide adequate help. What exactly are you trying to open? You have downloaded the dmg for both of them again? and the dmg will not open?

You deleted the folders in Applications Support, but didn't delete the app itself in Applications and are now trying to open it from there without reinstalling?

We're not sure what you've done or where in the installation process you happen to be, or what exactly is happening - except, it doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.