• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need help FAST

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to use an Application I've found for macs,
Anyways what do you guys use to upload "Quick Time player" Videos?
I've tried Youtube,Tinypic,Google Uploading etc
:Angry: I've tried all day! All help would be appreciated :\

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Upload to where? What exactly are you trying to do with your video? What is the problem you're having?

I had an issue uploading a video to YouTube once that I had recorded with QT X (there was no sound in the YouTube version). I ended up converting it to WebM with Miro Video Converter and it worked fine.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Again I ask: what is the problem you're having with the services you listed? Can't help if we don't know the issue.

OP
S
Reaction score
Upload to where? What exactly are you trying to do with your video? What is the problem you're having?

I had an issue uploading a video to YouTube once that I had recorded with QT X (there was no sound in the YouTube version). I ended up converting it to WebM with Miro Video Converter and it worked fine.

The Link you gave me, I uploaded one onto it...It doesn't work..
I'm using a program called Screen Record 2

OP
S
Reaction score
Again I ask: what is the problem you're having with the services you listed? Can't help if we don't know the issue.

It's a screen recorded video. (BBC code forum), and I want to upload in onto the forum. For some reason everytime I try it on something, it wont upload.. :\

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Link you gave me, I uploaded one onto it...It doesn't work..
I'm using a program called Screen Record 2
The program doesn't upload your video. Rather, it simply converts it to another format. If you were having problems with the format that is created with Screen Record, try converting it to another format with MVC and then uploading it to something like YouTube.

It's a screen recorded video. (BBC code forum), and I want to upload in onto the forum. For some reason everytime I try it on something, it wont upload.. :\
Do you get a specific error message when you try to upload it somewhere?

OP
S
Reaction score
The program doesn't upload your video. Rather, it simply converts it to another format. If you were having problems with the format that is created with Screen Record, try converting it to another format with MVC and then uploading it to something like YouTube.
I tried every single one and it wont upload :Angry:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know for a fact that converting to WebM with MVC and uploading to YouTube works because I've done it. Did you try WebM?

OP
S
Reaction score
I know for a fact that converting to WebM with MVC and uploading to YouTube works because I've done it. Did you try WebM?

I put something from Imovie into it and I didn't work.
Same with QTP (Quick Time Player) O:)

Here is my Output: mpeg -i /Users/silentnight/Like a G6 .iMovieProject -f webm -vcodec libvpx_vp8 -acodec libvorbis -ab 160000 -sameq /Users/silentnight/Like a G6 .webm
FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on May 23 2010 09:25:30 with gcc 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646) (dot 1)
configuration: --prefix=/Users/cworth/OtherApps/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/../local/x86_64 --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libfaad --enable-libspeex --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libvpx-vp8 --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --disable-stripping --arch=x86_64
libavutil 50.15. 2 / 50.15. 2
libavcodec 52.68. 0 / 52.68. 0
libavformat 52.62. 0 / 52.62. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.20. 0 / 1.20. 0
libswscale 0.10. 0 / 0.10. 0
/Users/silentnight/Like a G6 .iMovieProject: Operation not permitted

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, we have reached the issue! It looks like you are trying to convert/upload an iMovie project which isn't in fact a movie file (it is simply a project file for iMovie). In iMovie, go to Share > Export Movie... to export the movie to disk or you could upload directly to YouTube by going to Share > YouTube... (this is in iMovie 08 so it may differ slightly for your version).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.