Macbook keyboard not working on Windows side of Bootcamp

Reaction score
I have recently reinstalled Windows XP via bootcamp onto my macbook. Unfortunately, not all of the keys on the keyboard are being recognized in Windows.
For example È shows when I try to type quotation marks, question marks, " appears when I type the greater than sign, ' when I type the less than sign...etc.
I have tried to reinstall the Mac drivers in Windows. It did not tell me anything went wrong in installation. But I am getting quite frustrated. I cannot quite afford Office for Mac yet, but I am really thinking that will be the only fix. Is there anything I can doÉ :Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum. Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.

Reaction score
Be sure you have (1) downloaded and installed the Boot Camp 3.1 update from the Apple download site (it's a windows executable so do it from within windows), and (2) put your Snow Leopard disk into your machine after starting windows - the drivers should automatically install. I would actually do the second one first if you've done neither (all this is assuming you're running Windows in a boot camp partition).

If that doesn't work, I would review the keyboard properties in Windows to make sure the language and keyboard selections are correct.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
It's your second suggestion that will fix it, SammySlim.

Go to Control Panel > Regional & Language Settings > Keyboard and change to English (US).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.