performa 6115cd

Reaction score
Hello, I have a performa 6115cd, that I am looking at selling. I dont know anything about this computer. It doesnt come with a monitor or keyboard. What kind of market is there for this kind of thing? Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello, I have a performa 6115cd, that I am looking at selling. I dont know anything about this computer. It doesnt come with a monitor or keyboard. What kind of market is there for this kind of thing? Thanks.

To be brutally honest...there is next to no market for a Performa 6115CD. This is a 15-16 year-old computer...and really only has minimal value to someone who may collect old Mac's.

Even then...someone who collects old Mac's most likely wouldn't give you much more than $10-$20 bucks at most (and this is if it's working 100%). To add insult to injury...the Performa 6115CD is really not a very popular computer to collect.

Like I said...I'm just being brutally honest. These are just my humble opinions...you may prove me wrong & get more than $20 for it.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks, I was was thinking around that range maybe 25. Is there a place that would be good to post this. Are there many people on here, that would be interested in something like this, or would craigslist be better? Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I was was thinking around that range maybe 25. Is there a place that would be good to post this. Are there many people on here, that would be interested in something like this, or would craigslist be better? Thanks

e-Bay is probably your best bet. You're advertising to the the largest audience...and if two people or more are interested it in...maybe they will bid the price up to a value making shipping the computer worth the effort.

If you advertise on your local Craig's List (a much smaller audience)...it may go unsold.

FYI...I purchased a Powermac 9600 (a MUCH more powerful computer than a 6115) on e-Bay a few weeks ago...and I paid $11.07 for it (plus shipping).

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do not bother selling it as the costs will be greater than any return you get. You may be able to find a local disadvantaged family that would be very appreciative.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do not bother selling it as the costs will be greater than any return you get. You may be able to find a local disadvantaged family that would be very appreciative.

Great idea Harry!:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
How hard would it be to put a new os in it and use it? I have always wanted to own a mac.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
M
Reaction score
The computer is actually my aunts and she wanted me to sell it for her. I was thinking os8. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The machine will run up to OS 8.1 which will be the best for Internet connection. Look at auction sites for a copy. And a word of caution about explaining to your aunt it is practically worthless.

Us older folks sometimes think if it cost say $2,000 sixteen years ago, it MUST still be worth $1,000!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Us older folks sometimes think if it cost say $2,000 sixteen years ago, it MUST still be worth $1,000!

I think that I see quite a few of these folks selling things on my local Craig's List...older & younger folks.;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
She was going to just pitch, but she said if I could sell it, sell it.

If you've always wanted to own a Mac...then here's the opportunity. The only problems are:

- this computer is 15-16 years old

- realistically there is no modern internet browser that will work with this computer

- due to the computers VERY old & slow processor video abilities...any internet browser that you can find that will run...you'll find that webpages will load VERY slowly & parts of webpages won't load at all.

- you will also find that this computer has a very "funky" ethernet port...which you will need a hard to find adapter to connect an ethernet cable (hopefully you weren't even thinking about wireless internet on this computer...since this computer was introduced a good 5-6 years before the first desktop Mac's were wireless internet capable).

- unless you have access to software that will run on this computer...there isn't going to be much else you can do with it but stare at it. There are some websites on the internet that do have some free software & games for this computer. But the problem for you will be...how to get them from the internet to your computer. This is not nearly as easy as you might think!

You could probably use this computer for e-mail...and you could search the internet for other ideas. A good website for more info is:

Low End Mac

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.