Ok, better late, than...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
O K Gang,
Here's whats goin' on. It seems that I can no longer put off installing
Tiger on my 'humble' 1.6 Single G5, I've been content with Panther, but....
you know how that goes. OK, I'm a novice, though i don't want to belittle my abilities, but I surely cannot match the collective knowledge of you.
So, anyway on Friday or sooner I'll have the disc, now do I just insert into my player and follow on screan instructons or are there any' tweaking'
involved to get 'more' from the program?Any and all suggesions will ne vastly appreciated!
Thanks,
[email protected] :doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
ajresovsky said:
O K Gang,
Here's whats goin' on. It seems that I can no longer put off installing
Tiger on my 'humble' 1.6 Single G5, I've been content with Panther, but....
you know how that goes. OK, I'm a novice, though i don't want to belittle my abilities, but I surely cannot match the collective knowledge of you.
So, anyway on Friday or sooner I'll have the disc, now do I just insert into my player and follow on screan instructons or are there any' tweaking'
involved to get 'more' from the program?Any and all suggesions will ne vastly appreciated!
Thanks,
[email protected] :doctor:
I, personally, am waiting for the 10.4.2 update (Widget manager?) before I take that plunge...I'm getting paranoid in my old age. :mac:

You should have no problems; just click through the installer.

You shouldn't need it, but I feel I should mention the "Archive and install" option. A&I will install a new copy of OS X, but keep your settings and user accounts; it's useful if your old System is corrupted (or if you just want that "starting from scratch" feeling.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.