Keychain Password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.7.3 Lion
My daughter has a MacBook with OS X 10.4.11. Due to its age & configuration, the OS X can't be updated any further.
Her MacBook is networked through my iMac (OS X 10.6.4) and is setup to print via my printer.
The connection to the printer stopped working and I'm trying to troubleshoot it. While doing so, I needed her admin password, which she either never had or couldn't remember. I followed the directions for using the installation disk to change the password, which I left blank, since she never remembers it and she's the only one who uses that MacBook.
However, for various things it asks for the keychain password, which she also doesn't remember setting. According to the keychain help, the keychain password should automatically be the same as the admin or login password. Since there isn't a login password anymore, and keychain isn't accepting a blank password, I keep getting locked out of some functions that require the keychain.
I created a new keychain, but when going online, I get all sorts of unverified certificate errors. I try to change them individually to accept them, but when I do I'm asked for the keychain password. If I can access the old keychain, is there a way to copy all of its certificates to the new keychain?
I can't figure out how to change the keychain password for the old keychain as without it, I can't accept certificates even with the new keychain. I'm really stuck. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sheri

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.