Upgrading to ATI 10.8 on Win 7 Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been having some issues when playing a vew games on my Win 7 32-bit BC:ed iMac (2010). I get very strange lags that lock up the computer for 20-30 secs at a time. So I was thinking maybe I should test out a new ATI driver.

I'm currently using the ATI driver BC installed when I insallted Win 7 and I ran window update / boot camp update and they report that no new drivers for the gfx excist.

So my question is, is it safe to go to ATI and download their latest 10.8 drivers and just install them as I would on a normal PC running Win 7?

Reaction score
What make/model of ATI chipset do you have? Remember the ATI in the iMac is not he same as the discreet aTI cards on the PC. It could a be a Mobile version.

OP
C
Reaction score
Its a ATI Raedon HD 4670

So as far as I can tell its not mobility.

Reaction score
You're not telling us the make/model/year of your Mac. Unless you are running a Mac Pro, I believe all Macs are using mobile versions of the ATI Radeons. You would probably be well served to make sure you have updated to Boot Camp 3.1 and then if that doesn't help, try downloading the Mobility version driver regardless.

OP
C
Reaction score
Check the op :)

Eitherway, adding it again:

iMac 2010 (Feb) 21.5"
ATI Radeon HD 4670

Reaction score
Same advice. The OP is hard to follow. I know what the Mac says it has - but it is, in fact, using a laptop video card. All the iMacs do. Don't ask me why they say one thing but have another - download and install the mobility driver if you want it to work correctly. The drivers can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.