Winclone error?

Reaction score
I'm trying to restore a winclone backup but it keeps telling me that the target patition is too small. That is not true as the origional partition was 32Gb and te newly created partition is over 120 Gb. Anyone have any is=dea what is the cause of this?

Here is the log.
Sat Sep 4 18:21:31 EST 2010: Partition is : /dev/disk0s3
Sat Sep 4 18:21:31 EST 2010
Sat Sep 4 18:21:31 EST 2010: Restoring:
Sat Sep 4 18:21:31 EST 2010: '/Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/winclone.perl' -restore -copy_bcd '/Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/BCD' -disk_device /dev/disk0 -ntfs_partition /dev/disk0s3 -v -update_bootini -q -image_dir='/Users/davidpreson/Documents/XP Winclone Backup.winclone' -gptrefresh_path='/Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources' -ntfstools_dir=/Library/NTFSProgs >> ~/Library/Logs/Winclone.log 2>&1 &
restoring.....
getting fdisk info.....
validating partition type.....
checking image size.....
image size file exists, opening.....
reading image file.../Users/davidpreson/Documents/XP Winclone Backup.winclone/size..
read image file.../Users/davidpreson/Documents/XP Winclone Backup.winclone/size..
done calculating..
done checking size..
checking format of image..
restoring using asr
=====restoring image==============

/usr/sbin/asr restore --noverify --puppetstrings -noprompt -erase --source "/Users/davidpreson/Documents/XP Winclone Backup.winclone/Windows.dmg" --target "/dev/disk0s3" 1>&2
XSTA start 142 client
XSTA setup
Validating target...done
XSTA metadata
Validating source...done
Repartitioning target device...done
Erasing target device /dev/disk0s3...done
Retrieving scan information...done
Validating sizes...
Not enough space on /dev/disk0s3 to restore
XSTA fail
return value of /usr/sbin/asr restore --noverify --puppetstrings -noprompt -erase --source "/Users/davidpreson/Documents/XP Winclone Backup.winclone/Windows.dmg" --target "/dev/disk0s3" 1>&2 is 256

/usr/sbin/asr restore --noverify --puppetstrings -noprompt -erase --source "/Users/davidpreson/Documents/XP Winclone Backup.winclone/Windows.dmg" --target "/dev/disk0s3" 1>&2 did not complete successfully
cleaning up: Mounting Disk
Volume on disk0s3 failed to mount
Sat Sep 4 18:21:36 EST 2010

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
has the target partition been clean erased?

OP
S
Reaction score
All I did was use Bootcamp Assistant to restore the Mac partition and then i created another partition.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As you may or may not know, WinClone is no longer being developed. I can't tell you what if any support the author is still giving, however, you might want to try the user forum. Go to this LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.