Smart Notebook 10 won't install invalid checksum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
I am running OSx10.6.4 (Snow Leopard with latest updates) on a MacBookPro.

I am trying to install the Smart Notebook 10 software.

It is a free download, this software is used to drive interactive whiteboards in schools.

The download bit works fine, however when I click on the dmg file it tries to run the installer then fails with the message
Invalid checksum. I can skip the verification splash and go straight to install, but sure enough, the install fails.

My wife an I have same OS, same MBooks, and it fails on both.

Q: is it an OS10.6.4 thing, or a glitch in the software you think. Done a Google trawl and nobody seems to have issues with this software installing, sure there are usability glitches reported, but nobody reports falling at the 1st hurdle.

any ideas?

K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I am running OSx10.6.4 (Snow Leopard with latest updates) on a MacBookPro.

I am trying to install the Smart Notebook 10 software.

It is a free download, this software is used to drive interactive whiteboards in schools.

The download bit works fine, however when I click on the dmg file it tries to run the installer then fails with the message
Invalid checksum. I can skip the verification splash and go straight to install, but sure enough, the install fails.

My wife an I have same OS, same MBooks, and it fails on both.

Q: is it an OS10.6.4 thing, or a glitch in the software you think. Done a Google trawl and nobody seems to have issues with this software installing, sure there are usability glitches reported, but nobody reports falling at the 1st hurdle.

any ideas?

Typically, when the checksum fails like it is for you, either the dmg got corrupted as you were downloading it, or the original dmg itself on the server had gotten corrupted since it was first made. My gut instinct would be that the source file on the server is corrupt since your and your wife are having the same problem on different Macs.

However… I just downloaded and installed what I think is the software you are talking about, and it installed and is running fine on my iMac. Assuming I got the right product, then there could be a couple things going on. Perhaps the file on the server was corrupt, but has since gotten fixed. Perhaps you are using some download manager that is corrupting the file as it is saving it. Perhaps you are not getting the right version for Mac OS 10.6 (they have older versions of the software for older versions of OS X).

So… assuming I have the right product, here's the link I have that is correct for 10.6.4. Give that a whirl and see if it works. If not, please let us know more specifics about what software you are downloading with (browser version, etc) and the specific link you are using.
SMART - SMART Notebook software,Mac operating system

EDIT: Be sure to hit the last "Download" link at the bottom. There are other links for other versions before you see that. Here's what the correct link leads to:
http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/...ers+install.dmg&referrer=SBS/NBSv10Mac&eula=1

OP
karlos2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
loading the v9xx option of this software worked fine. It just doesn't like v10 here.

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.