MacBook Pro keeps freezing..

Reaction score
So about 2 weeks ago My grandma bought the macbook pro for me and now it keeps freezing, like the mouse won't do anything ad the computer won't respod. I took it to the Apple Store and the guy said that it had something to do with moving applications from the applications folder to the desktop and that if I reinstall the Mac Os X with the cd that came with my laptop that it would be fine. Well It uninstalled everything on the computer and now it freezes during the installation of Mac Os X *-* what do i do ? Im stuck using my old crappy gateway for now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Run disk utility from the install DVD (insert disc, restart holding "C", and wait for the install screen to appear, look under utilities in the file menu) and check the HD. You may have created a bad sector by moving the apps around.
Either that, or use it to erase the drive completely (this would be better). Reformat the drive from disk utility (Mac OS Extended (journaled))
After that, try installing again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.