Apple Wired Keyboard and Magic Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there,

I just bought an Apple wired keyboard earlier today and going to pick up a Magic Mouse tonight. I have an early 2008 MacBook Pro and the OS I use mainly is Windows XP through Boot Camp. The keyboard is pretty compatible with Windows and I've faced no issues with it so far. However, I've read the Magic Mouse has compatibility issues with Windows. Is that true? And if so, is there a solution for this?

Thank you very much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have both and they work fine in Windows XP from a Boot Camp partition. However, the Magic Mouse has a tendency to become dirty very quickly. That causes slow scrolling and stuttering. Also erratic movement. All in all I was very disappointed in the Magic Mouse and quit using it both in Windows and OS X. Maybe you'll have better luck.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Thank you for your reply. I bought the Magic Mouse and am very happy with it so far. Scrolling is smooth and fine. I installed Windows 7 and Boot Camp 3.1 and scrolling works. At first, scrolling only up and down worked, but I installed a driver and now it scrolls sideways as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.