Blue stripes in itunes/finder list view

Reaction score
For some reason (and not just with the update to 10), iTunes occasionally doesn't show the standard blue and white stripes in the music library. I get a plain white background.
Weirdly, I can see (some of) the stripes when another window is on top (see pic)
259jq.png

This has happened a few times before, and usually will eventually return to normal, but becomes quite irritating.
iCal has the same problem in that the current day (usually highlighted in blue) isn't highlighted.
Finder list view also has the problem. I have the secrets pref pane and the blue stripes is definitely turned on.
Any one have any ideas as to why I can only see the stripes when they're under the shadow of another window?
Thanks

Macbook oct 09 10.6.4

Reaction score
The Answer

Go to your Universal Access prefs pane. Reset the contrast enhancement to Normal. You can back off Normal a bit if you want lighter stripes. The stripes in iTunes are lighter than the stripes in Finder, so finding the optimal setting for both may be tricky.

While you're at it, visit the Keyboard pane. Disable the keyboard shortcut for changing the contrast enhancement in Universal Access, so that you don't change it inadvertently. That's probably how it changed in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.