I regret buying the 64GB

Reaction score
I've had my iPad since Canadian launch, and currently have 6GB of stuff on the thing. I'm starting to think a 16 might have done it, and a 32 definitely would have done it. Anyone else find they went too big?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Go big or go home! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You have had it since the launch and your wondering already ??

Give it time dont think a week ahead think 1-2 yrs ahead if you think you will have one that long and over that time you will prob fill up the 64gb ......

Just a thought

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Give it time dont think a week ahead think 1-2 yrs ahead if you think you will have one that long and over that time you will prob fill up the 64gb ......

Just a thought

Cheers

That's a good thought & I totally agree.

VonStoven: You don't want to buy something...and just a couple months later have it maxed out. It's sort of like buying a Macbook with a 500 meg hard drive. Would you really want to fill up your hard drive just 2-3 months after buying it??...heck no!;) Same logic applies to the iPad.:)

With just 6gig used on your iPad...you're probably being selective with what you're putting on it. Anybody can download a whole lot of junk & fill it up in no time...maybe you're just putting quality stuff on it.:)

Enjoy it,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I guess I gotta be the one who disagrees with my fellow forum members, I have always and still do find 16GB to be perfect for me. I don't really put a lot of pics or music on mine, Sometimes the occasional movie. 16GB is good for my needs. If you still feel 64GB is too much you can always sell it for something smaller, Or I see people on Craigslist looking to trade 3G 16GB for wifi 64GB sometimes. At least you have options, Luckily when you buy a Apple product reselling it is never a problem.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You have had it since the launch and your wondering already ??

Just a thought

Cheers
Agreed. I got a 4GB iPod Nano thinking it would be enough only to be disappointed later with how little room I had. Next iPod was an 8GB iPod Touch and I again thought it would be enough. Well, I can tell you three years later that 8GB isn't even close to enough considering what I want on my iTouch. Give it time and I'm sure you'll enjoy the space you have.

This is why I am now taking donations for the "Upgrade Van to a new iPod" cause. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
Sounds like someone needs more music in their life.

Reaction score
I still own a 16 GB iPod touch from two years ago. I have 7 gigs left on it.

See my app amount? (In my signature). See my music amount? Still have 7 gigs left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I also have a 64GB, I have it about half full and I barely have any music on it. LOL

Video Podcasts, HD movies eBook's and about 4 pages of app's.
I keep most of my music on the iPhone, so i can plug it into my car to listen to my tunes!

Reaction score
I also have a 64GB, I have it about half full and I barely have any music on it. LOL

Video Podcasts, HD movies eBook's and about 4 pages of app's.
I keep most of my music on the iPhone, so i can plug it into my car to listen to my tunes!

I'm waiting on getting an iPad for now. I'm a bit curious to see what Apple is doing in the future..kind of like how I made the decision to get the 2G iPod touch because I didn't like not having external volume controls on the 1G iPod touch. I decided to hold off on the 3G iPod touch because there wasn't much of a difference in getting it- just faster hardware (which later lead to having a few more features in iOS 4, but enough about that)- now that the 4G iPod touch is out (or will be soon), it is time to upgrade.

OP
V
Reaction score
I guess the $100 difference just goes towards never having to manage my files =).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
That's why I NEVER go for the biggest one!

I've had my iPad since Canadian launch, and currently have 6GB of stuff on the thing. I'm starting to think a 16 might have done it, and a 32 definitely would have done it. Anyone else find they went too big?

Your current dilemma is the reason why I never go for the highest-end model. I have the iPhone 4 16GB and iPad WiFi 16GB, they are truly plenty for me. I have a small music/photos collection but large TV shows & app collection, and I still don't need even the 32GB models. Another key reason why I don't get the higher end models is (especially true for iPads), they are much harder to sell without taking a bigger loss financially.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I bought the 32g and have 19g of free space but I wanted to have room to grow and with Apple you never really know what lies ahead also developers may start pumping out
newer and improved apps that require a lot more space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Look at Mac Hard Drives. Back in the day I was like "hmmm I have an 800MB hard drive and I'll never fill it up." And my current imac has a 250GB that is like two thirds full. You can never predict the future. And I think that space will come in handy one day in the future. Just not now.

That's if you intend to keep the ipad for a long time and not replace it with a upgraded model. But for the price the ipad to me is a keep for a very long time thing. Just way to expensive to be replacing every time a new model comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Plenty of room to install OS X or Linux some day! You're good. :)

OP
V
Reaction score
I had never even imagined installing osx someday... That would be pretty awesome, but only if they seriously redesigned things for a touch based experience.

Reaction score
I'm good with the 16g. I never planned for this to be my storage device and don't have any need or use for additional capacity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When I first got my iPad and put a few TV shows and movies on it, I figured 16GB was going to be very limiting. Then I discovered the AirVideo app that lets me stream all of my videos sitting on my computer. I no longer need a lot of storage space as I can just stream whatever I want to watch, even remotely. If I'm ever going on a trip, 16GB is plenty to hold several movies and a dozen or so episodes of TV shows along with my comics and books.

Now my girlfriend, on the other hand, is already wishing that she had purchased a 32GB iPhone instead of the 16GB. She stores everything on her phone as she doesn't have a desktop that is always running and connected to the Internet like I do, just a Macbook Pro that doesn't stay on all the time.

Reaction score
Well, even though I will never fill up 64 gigs with apps, I've got enough music on iTunes to fill up about 40, so I'm happy with it.

Reaction score
When I first got my iPad and put a few TV shows and movies on it, I figured 16GB was going to be very limiting. Then I discovered the AirVideo app

Is this a non-Apple app or do you mean AirPlay?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.