Open Office

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
I was looking for a database program to do some small personal stuff, not heavy-duty business. I thought about OpenOffice, I saw that they have a DB program. But I have some questions.
First: Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of Standard OO or NeoOffice? Is X11 hard to work with?
Also, I don't really want the whole OO, so does anyone know if theres a way to download only the DB component? (I'm assuming that since its open source I can ask this question without fear of lectures on Piracy...)
Also, if anyone has any other suggestions regarding this or other DB programs I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
im sure that the DB package is only part of OOo 2 and it still in beta testing. Dont let that put you off though it will be more than stable.

As for only installing only that compenent i have no idea but i dont see why you shouldnt be able to.

X11 is nothing to worry about, install it and then point OOo to it when you install, job done

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.